Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat does not poop for 4 days she peeing well and eating…

Customer Question
my cat does not poop...
my cat does not poop for 4 days she peeing well and eating well she not acting any different che is 14 years old
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/23/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Bella not pooping for 4 days. Is she straining, trying to defecate at all?

Any vomiting?

The olive oil is not really a stool softener or laxative. I might try adding some canned unsweetened pumpkin to her food, and/or putting 1/4th teaspoon Mira Lax (available over the counter) on her food twice daily.

Please let me know when you see my response, if this is helpful and if you have other questions.