Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

MY 18 YEAR OLD CAT HAS DIAHARRIA SHE IS TAKING THYROID PILL…

MY 18 YEAR OLD...

MY 18 YEAR OLD CAT HAS DIAHARRIA SHE IS TAKING THYROID PILL ONCE A DAY HOW MUCH OF THE KAOPECTATE CAN I GIVE HER.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

HER NAME IS***** IS 18 YEARS OLD

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is ASHLEY?

18 YEARS OLD

3/23/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Ashley is having diarrhea. How long has it been going on?

at least 10 days her but is very sore i know how that feels i have been using neosporine

10 days is a long time. You mentioned she takes thyroid medication. When was her last lab work done?

her labs were done 2 weeks ago

And was everything normal?

that is how they found she needed thyroid meds
when can you answer my question as to how much kaopectate

Sorry just a minute please.

im on a fixed income so please no more request for money

I'm sorry, the system automatically offers phone calls and other upgraded services. Can you please tell me what the concentration is on the bottle? Or send me a picture of the bottle?

for kids 1 tablespoon
can you answer my question
are you still on line
at this point i am not gettingg the answer i need

Yes, so sorry for the delay. I am seeing a bunch of emergencies this morning.

I would give 1/2 tablespoon every 12 hours. But if she is still having diarrhea tomorrow, I would get her in to the vet. She may need prescription medication and I would not want her to have diarrhea too much longer in case she gets dehydrated.

ok thank you

You're welcome. Sorry again for the wait! If I was otherwise helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. I would also be happy to continue our conversation if you have any other questions.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian