Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Would like Dr. Luke to see this. Took my cat to the vet on…

Customer Question
Would like Dr. Luke to...
Would like Dr. Luke to see this. Took my cat to the vet on Monday. Did X-rays, blood work, etc. They kept him overnight and gave him an Iv to hydrate him. Gave him an anti- nausea drug and something for possible pain. His urea levels were slightly high in one kidney. His heart is slightly enlarged but nothing significant. His has very little arthritis for an 18 year old cat. White blood cells are normal. Basically he is in great shape except for the fact that he was losing weight and vomiting. After being hydrated I brought him home on Tuesday and he has been fine. So what the heck was wrong with him? Do you think it is possible that some food I fed him was tainted and he got food poisoning ? How do I check that if that is the case?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Cat Veterinarian

I am currently on annual leave. I will opt out to allow other vets to input.

Regards,

Dr Luke

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian