Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I accidentally gave him twice the dose of Clavamox. Is it an…

Customer Question
I accidentally gave him...

I accidentally gave him twice the dose of Clavamox. Is it an emergency? Will he be okay? Can that cause blindness, seizures, etc

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Philip and he’s 14

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Philip?

He’s diabetic and he’s on Clavamox long-term for chronic pancreatitis

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/23/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, Clavamox has a very wide safety margin in dogs; a double dose is not going to be toxic to your dog, he will be okay. This is not an emergency; no symptoms expected. No need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please answer
Is the accidental double dose of Clavamox to my cat dangerous to his health???

I am sorry, but, I did answer your question. Please read above. I will repeat it again below:

Friend, Clavamox has a very wide safety margin in cats; a double dose is not going to be toxic to your dog, he will be okay. This is not an emergency; no symptoms expected. No need to worry.

Dr. Peter

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 29 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian