Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat is about 13 yr.s old, she is lond haired but it isn't…

Customer Question
Cat is about 13...

Cat is about 13 yr.s old, she is lond haired but it isn't normal has severe statitic cline when I brush or comb, it clings to your fingers and is hard to get ogg, she gets sever Hair Balls, i give her hair call remedy's but does't help much, she vomits most up. i feed her Pate ,She also has a very Bad odor she never had before, almost like some "Dogs", Also she has developes Toenalis that are growing in circles backward into her feet., when she walks on carpet or bedspread she cet hung up terribly just about every step. I even got tne king of clawing board thats like cuticle board , it helped for a while front feet but of course not the back, I found her th other day My Male cat was licking her foo it was bleeding and it appeared the whole toe was gone. I cannot trim her claws, I'm going blind and have severe depth perception. and have no one to help. My Male cat also has one toe nail severely embedded in his foot. I moved to this place 3 yr.s ago they did not have these problems before, the smell puzzles me, I have had Many cats, and worked with Animal rescue etc., but have never ran into this sort of thing before, Also her hair get very knotted on her hips and underneath her chest, she used to love being combed or brushed but now runs acts like it hurts, she is getting very bony despite the fluffy hair , it doesn't show. Any Ideas?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

Both of My Cats Have Black Lines around their Gums, and black spots on their noses, they are not related but I did find out after I moved from the last place we had lived that their were old lead pipes in the streets and buildings that were going to be replaced. no Idea if that could have any effect.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/22/2018
Cat Veterinarian: CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'mCustomerand I can help with your question.

It sounds like your female cat has both dental problems and issues with performing her personal grooming on her own. Sometimes when cats are elderly they get arthritis and can't lick their fur normally or do their own mani- pedi-cures.

It sounds like perhaps you would benefit greatly from having a housecall vet come to your home to assess the cats and their/your situation to best help you and plan out the cats' care. I can help you find one if you'd like.

What city are you in, or if rural, what is your nearest major town?

Are you still interested in getting help with your question?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian