Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is about 16 years old, and his nose is extremely dry to…

Customer Question
He is about 16...

He is about 16 years old, and his nose is extremely dry to the touch and feels like it is hard.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

He is about 16 years old, and his nose is extremely dry. It is turning a dull pink color at the tip and feels quite rough.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

I think he may have some joint discomfort since he walks like he is uncomfortable and does not jump on things like he used to. He doesn't seem to be in any pain from his nose, but it looks odd.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name and age?

Kahlua, Oriental Shorthair, about 16

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kahlua?

He seems to be having looser stools, but that may be because he is eating more wet food--he has lost all but 1 fang and has lost other teeth as well.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question bout Kahlua. Can you post a picture here of what is nose looks like? The paper clip icon can be used to attach a photo.

I am not at home and cannot post a photo.

That is ok! Do you feel that he's maintaining his body weight? Is he having any other lesion elsewhere on his skin?

I am not interested in pursuing this conversation. I assume only the $5 will be deducted from my bank account. I noticed I have already been charged for the $26, but we have not finished our conversation.

I'm sorry for the issues with the billing. That is something I have no part of and can't see what has gone on there. I will send your question on to a moderator to help with that. Is this ok?