Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My aging part-Siamese, female cat has kidney problems. She…

Customer Question
My aging part-Siamese, female cat...
My aging part-Siamese, female cat has kidney problems. She drinks huge amounts of fresh water all day. The vet prescribed a med but she won't swallow the pills. He told me that the anesthetic might kill her if she had an operation to fix the problem. What can I do to help her live? She is my main companion and I love her very much.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/22/2018
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

What problem was the veterinarian referring too?

Paul

I am still here but you have not responded

You would like suggestions on how to help your cat but cannot tell me what the veterinarian diagnosed

So how do I tell you how to make her well if I dont know what the problem is I need to fix?

Paul

I took her in because she sprays inside and outside the house. The doctor said that her kidneys were failing I hoped for a procedure or meds that would solve the problem.The doctor prescribed Welactin Omega-3 which is to be added to food. However, she refuses to get within sniffing distance of it. He said that there was a surgical procedure that would solve the problem BUT the anesthetic might kill her. Not wanting to risk this outcome, I thought another doctor might be able to suggest another way to fix the problem.
I am awake and alert and able to receive your call.
I asked the veterinarian if there was an operation that would fix the problem. However, after he said yes but that the anesthetic might kill her, I didn't pursue it.
I am at the phone no. I provided and could take a call from you if you now. I look forward to hearing from you.
I assumed that the operation he referred to would remove or incapacitate the organ that was responsible for the spraying.