Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Already typed in question. My cat has been seen by several…

Customer Question
Already typed in question. My...
Already typed in question. My cat has been seen by several vets and diagnosed with several different conditions entreated. Still itches like crazy, bites or skin a lot and sticks tongue out licks mouth. Has lots of dander and when touched feel lumps and a non-aggressive cat that she is Will meow and bite and scratch me. She is an indoor cat. I have been going to dermatologist myself this past year and have been diagnosed with scabies over a year ago, bed bugs which I had none, follis itis, yeast body infection, and now eczema is the latest. Just find it coincidental though they say nothing is contagious from either one of us that we both have skin conditions of which I never had in my whole life I'm having noticed in her before the past year.? So I am at wit's end trying to figure out what is going on especially with her as I don't want her suffering. Her fur also jumps a lot. Please help as I am disabled and can't keep going to vets and especially not getting results. Can no longer afford to go anymore. Your help would be greatly appreciated thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They don't feel it's ringworm. They have tested with the light Etc I have treated her before for ringworm a year ago. Special cat doctor had recently claimed either a food allergy kind of dermatitis? No skin aspiration can't afford biopsy and they didn't feel it necessary to do so.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are actually more concerned with her teeth, as they say she needs some removed from abscess? Quoted $1,200 search for up to 10 teeth sedation anesthesia everything included obviously too much for me to afford on a disability salary, barely making my rent
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Over the counter vet approved dermatitis shampoo for her and a dry shampoo for her to relieve itching but she is not responding to this well and as I am disabled it is not easy for me 2 apply on her.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dermatologist for me and doctor for her stated not contagious I am still very concerned as we are very close to each other most of the time. I also have an aide, she is not experiencing itching Etc nor are people that have visited me during this time but I have never had a skin condition before pretty clear skin and had many cats in the past I never experienced this problem before
3/21/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Cally has been so itchy. Did any of the vets do a skin scraping to check for mites or other parasites? Sometimes even if you don't see any by doing the skin scraping, it's good to treat for them, anyway. The medication for it is cheap. If that does not resolve the issue, I recommend treating with some prednisolone, which is also inexpensive. This will treat her itchiness and also give you an idea of whether or not this could be due to allergies. At home you can give her a 25 mg tablet of Benadryl every 12 hours to see if that decreases the itching.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian