Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat was mauled by 3 dogs and appears his leg is broken. He…

Customer Question
Cat was mauled by...

Cat was mauled by 3 dogs and appears his leg is broken

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

He is dragging his leg and his breathing is shallow and he is panting

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Ozzie and he is 10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Ozzie?

10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ozzie?

Doesn't appear that the skin is broken

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/21/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm so sorry to hear that Ozzie was attacked. The shallow breathing/panting can be a sign of pain. It can also be a sign of respiratory trauma. I would take him in to the vet for pain medication and an x-ray of that injured leg. I would also have chest x-rays done to rule out trauma to the chest, such as a collapsed lung lobe.