Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 2 yr male in out cat is loosing his hair to the skin in…

Customer Question
My 2 yr male...

My 2 yr male in out cat is loosing his hair to the skin in large areas. IT seems to have started when I cut clumps of hair down. He is not scratching or red. His skin is smooth white mostly. He has one small cut. The area is under his chin, including his throat and now it has mograted to up around the neck HE has tons of these hair mat/clumps all over and I am worried about trimming them.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the cat bleeding a lot?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

Not sure if this is pertinent but he also has been eating quickly and throwing up. we have to give him small portions. He is super playful and wants to go out all the time. He does not act sick

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Cat Veterinarian: CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian replied 29 days ago
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

Is it possible for you to post a few pics here for me to have a look at? A couple showing his whole body from different angles and showing the affected areas - and then a few close-ups of the affected areas would really help me to understand the situation.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The file is too large to send. Can I text it to a phone number? Any suggestions? I am 50 so not phone savy. I have a Samsung 6. I have never had problems texting photos

Oh dear. I am not the person to ask, being older and even less tech savvy.

You should have a way to contact customer service/tech support in your platform.

I'm going to opt out and maybe someone else can help with the tech issue AND your cat.

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 29 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'll follow up for CalCatDoc for you. First, please contact customer service at ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us or 1-***-***-**** for help getting those photos to me.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian