Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat,14yrs.old is on Methimazole and has been for almost a…

Customer Question
My cat,14yrs.old is on...

My cat,14yrs.old is on Methimazole and has been for almost a month,still has very loose stools and throwing up quite a does,sleeps a lot,eating o.k. but but doesn't act herself.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

He had a blood test and it showed a 4 thryoid.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/20/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your cat is having loose stools and vomiting and is being treated with methimazole. You mentioned he had a blood test and it showed a "4 thyroid." Does that mean the thyroid level was 4.0? Did the veterinarian increase the dose based on that information?