Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He was checked for a urinary infection but his lab tests…

Customer Question
He was checked for...

He was checked for a urinary infection but his lab tests show that he doesn’t have an infection. He sometimes tries to pee and then jumps out of the box. He still pees but not every time. He’s been licking his penis for a few weeks and it’s bruised. The vet gave me antibiotics and he took two pills and got diarrhea. I called vet and she said to discontinue as he has no infection. They also gave me prazosin. I gave him 4 of those and in the meantime noticed that he is jumping up onto the bed or a counter and falling down. He has never done that before. I stopped that med just tonight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

Zack. 14. He also is on a hypoallergenic diet and only eats royal canine duck canned.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zack?

Zhe has a really bad reaction to antibiotics. Diarrhea

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?