Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We were basically fired from our vet lol, For a couple of…

Customer Question
We were basically fired...

We were basically fired from our vet lol, For a couple of years now she has the feline herpes and it seems like the last 5 months she is flaring up horribly more often. They want her to see a specialist and I'm not sure what is going to change. She gets put on a steroid for a week and antibiotic and then she is fine a few weeks and then it is a whole process again. She right now has a snot nose and I am using the baby sucker to suck out anymore snot. It is not green which we have had before that has been a long time. But she is sneezing a lot, her eyes are very watery and she is currently still using the drops given to use for our eyes and conjunctivitis issues the vet had a seminar and they said to use for her nose. She is a exotic Persian so she has the flat face.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Persian's name?

Carmela, we are so frustrated with this whole process. I called the one vets office to schedule and appt with this specialist which I don't know what the difference is going to be we have been using banfield as we are on the monthly plan so I am not sure if ti's becoming to costly and this is why it's hey go elsewhere but it's come in handy with the no office visit costs. I do not want her on steroids all the time but that seems to be what works.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Carmela?

I got the lysine again but that is like forcing a kid to eat veggies they hate. She is eating we have cameras that are in the house and aimed at the food bowls just to monitor and make sure she is okay when we are gone. But I am worried about the bad runny nose. We have humidifiers always going and the last few nights we have locked her in the bedroom with us stuck her box in a corner and kept the humidifiers going

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/20/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Aside from steroids and antibiotics, what treatments have been used? What diagnostics have been run? Is Carmella a Persian or an exotic shorthair? What medication is she on currently? What form of lysine is being given?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian