Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

This morning my cat started running around the room as if…

Customer Question
This morning my cat...

This morning my cat started running around the room as if she was scared. she jumped on the bed and back to the floor. then she did #2 several times. she has done this several times and is now under the bed just sitting there looking around. she never goes under the bed. she is always in the bed or in the chair. Plus she sleeps most of the day every day. She hasnt been to sleep today at all. she has just been running in and out from under the bed as if she is afraid.she lets me rub her soshe isnt acting afraid of me

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is your cat's name and age?

Yable 14

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Yable

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
its a he not a she
3/19/2018
Cat Veterinarian: CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

The main thing that comes to mind with this sort of behavior is that she is having trouble completing a bowel movement and has feces stuck in her anus or hung up in the fur of her backside.

So can you get ahold of her (gently) and look under her tail and let me know what you see?

Does she have long fur?

Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

It looks like CalCatDoc had to opt out. How is Yable doing today? Can you give me an updated on his current status?