Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat got into the trash and ate shrimp shells he was

My cat Kevin got...

My cat Kevin got into the trash and ate shrimp shells he was vomiting yesterday and he seems to sleeping more than normal

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

Has the vomiting stopped?

Is he interested in food today?

Have you seen any diarrhea associated with this incident?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think he stopped vomiting my wife said she saw him eating this morning and have not seen any diarrhea

I'm happy to hear that. As long as he is eating and drinking normally and not vomiting, you don't need to take him to your vet. Those shells are digestible.

I would recommend that he not be in the habit of eating any seafood as it accounts for a lot of skin, urinary, and gastrointestinal problems in cats.

Please let me know if you have further questions about this or need clarification.

When you are through, please rate my response so I can be credited with helping you. Afterwards you can still return to this chat window with an update if you are so inclined.

CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian