Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have trapped a feral cat which i got a fecal sample to my…

Customer Question
I have trapped a...

I have trapped a feral cat which i got a fecal sample to my vet and found she had 3 paracites round worms lung worms and giardia i purchased panacur to treat . however the cat refuses to eat any of the many cans of food that i bought. called vet back and was told there is nothing in pill form to treat these problem. i volunteer at a local cat shelter and trap spay and neuter cats . this cat i would like to keep. i dont know what else to do with this situation. to scruff her i think is the only way ,, however she swipes at me is there a product that has no scent that will do the job.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

The cat is about a year and half. originally trapped her and took her for shots . she was given them. then i released her because she was so looud in my house. was spaded and released by an organization. i re trapped her approx 2 weekds ago and have been sleeping in room with her and she has stopped crying.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Irene

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Irene?

Well i called him this am and he told me that there was nothing else i could do except panacur. i could try to get her to him for blood work thats next

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/19/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. To make sure I understand, is Irene eating dry food, or no food at all?