Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat hides, poops and pees on himself when a certain person is around.

I think you cat is showing with their behavior that they are extremely scared of the other person.

Cats only show this type of behavior when they are very scared.

I cannot say why they would be scared of someone as that would only be speculation.

Read full interaction below »

Why does my cat hide and poop and pee on him self when certain person is around and he cries when I pick him up.

3/19/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Cat Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Cat Veterinarian

How long has this been going on?

Is your cat eating ok?

Has there been an injury or anything that has happened to start the odd behavior?

For couple days and I don't know it's just that one person and I think he hurt him but I'm not sure I wasn't home but this is not how my cat is

So every time he sees a certain person he poops and urinates? Is that correct?

He is hiding from you and won't come out?

Yes but only when that person is around he will even bite me like it's my fault. Please can u tell me did this person hurt my cat, cause I think he did but I'm not sure.

He denies it. But he cries when I pick him up he barely moves around

Cat Veterinarian: Sarah Snow,
 replied 5 months ago
Sarah Snow

I would be very concerned that this person could have hurt your cat. I would not let this person around your cat anymore.

You might want to see if your local veterinarian accepts Care Credit, and then you can see if you qualify. You can apply online.

You could also contact your local humane society and see if they can help.