Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is in pain had antibiotic with anti-inflammatory med…

She is in pain...

She is in pain had antibiotic with anti-inflammatory med yesterday, also her rabies and pod vac. Today every time I try to pick her up she screams . She wt 6 #

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Cozette 5 yrs old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cozette?

She is also on Amozicillin for treatment of bladder crystal.

3/18/2018
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

Can you check your receipt to tell me what specific drugs she was injected with yesterday?

Vaccinations can cause the cat to feel poorly (achey, feverish, or frightened) the next day or so. So can many drugs if they are the kind that sting when given.

Thank you for your actions. She appears better this morning.

I am glad to hear this. Poor girl was just uncomfortable and freaking out.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns or need any clarification.

CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
CalCatDoc