Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My male cat is lethargic, not eating and has tried, but is…

My male cat is...

My male cat is lethargic, not eating and has tried, but is unable to use the litter box. this began yesterday morning and he has a discharge from his mouth

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is approximatly 4 years old, was adopted from a shelter 8 months ago and has had all shot and is in indoor cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Spook?

His weight is between 13 to 15 pounds and I believe he is in pain and I am looking at taking him into an emergency clinic

3/18/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is he having difficulty urinating or defecating?

Which is having trouble, urinating or defecating?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
DrRoyC
Phone call session started
both urinating and defcatinge

Friend, if he is having trouble urinating since yesterday this is an emergency; it sounds like he may be blocked. In other words, there is a stone blocking the outflow of urine in the urethra. If he is not seen by a veterinarian this can have a fatal outcome. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do at home. If he is blocked he will need to have a catheter passed through his urethra for him to urinate. Strongly recommend taking him to the nearest ER veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter