Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Sednos misdiagmy cat wa. My cat was misdiagnosed and put on…

Customer Question
Sednos misdiagmy cat wa ...

Sednos misdiagmy cat wa

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

My cat was misdiagnosed and put on Semintrd with stage 4 kidney failure.she has been on it for 9 months.I took her to a different Vet,bloodwork was done again and I was told she does not have kidney failure.I was told to take her off it but since have noticed her deteriorate and when I gave her the Senintra she perked up.what do I do now

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

Lethargic and curled up in a ball on the bed and wouldnt move or eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name?

Teenie -14 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

I told him everything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/18/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Teenie. Do you have her blood tests that I could look at? Has a urinalysis been done recently?

It should be safe to continue her on the Semintra, if you think it helps her, if the dose is correct for her size.

It may be that she was not misdiagnosed, but that her numbers got better because she was on this medication. It would help to see what her actual numbers are, and the results of a urinalysis.

Please let me know when you see my response, and if you have other questions.

I did not hear from you. Was this answer helpful? Please let me know how she is doing and if you have any other questions.