Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a one year old persian male and he recently had

Customer Question
Hello, so I have...

Hello, so I have a one year old persian male and he recently had really bad diarrhea and his anus was inflamed and protruding so the vet prescribed metronidazole and de-wormer because she thought he had a parasite. Since then he has now had issues with his mouth and eyes being open. I had to feed him the metronidazole in a treat but I was unable to have him eat it and would have to open his mouth and essentially force it down his throat. I may have injured his throat or mouth in doing this because now it seems like he wants to cough up a hair ball

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the Persian's name and age?

Snickers and he is 1 year 2 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Persian's name?

Snickers

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Persian?

He has had all of his shots up to date and recently got a rabies and depper or whatever its called He has finished his dewormer and metronidazole

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I also wanted to mention that last night it seemed that he was trying to cough up a fur ball so I massage his throat and neck and that seemed to help but nothing came up. We have two other Persians as well, one kitten whose about 10 weeks and a female whose 1.8 years. They are healthy and have had all of there shots.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. How long ago did you give him the metronidazole pill?

Thursday and Friday. He was taking two pills of metronidazole every 12 hours. Since then his diarrhea has seemed to stop and his anus has gone back to normal but he has been acting weird and sleeping alot more than usual and just doesnt seem interested in anything. He has been eating normal. Last night I put out wet food and dry food he didnt eat the dry just the wet and I also had vegetable oil to his water just in case he had fur balls in his throat.