Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a kitten....about 18 weeks. She ate a part of a

I have a kitten....about...

I have a kitten....about 18 weeks. She ate a part of a chicken bone. It was a cooked bone. She seems uncomfortable...not herself. What can I expect? What should I do for her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the kitten will be able to digest that. What is the kitten's name?

Leafy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leafy?

No. She is a very friendly cat. She is definitely uncomfortable

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

When did this happen?

Any signs yet?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would say about 3 hours ago. She seems uncomfortable.

Thanks

But she is not pawing at mouth or making repeated swallowing efforts?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, no pawing at her mouth or repeated swallowing efforts.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will she be able to pass it? How long before she will pass it if she can?
DrRoyC
Phone call session started

Okay

No need for call- Save your money :)

Lets give one tablespoon of canned pumpkin with each meal going forward for 2-3 days time

This will coat the bone and push it through

You can also use Metamucil (one teaspoon per meal) but make sure it does NOT have Xylitol in it

Okay?

Paul

Still there?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian