Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have heard her sneeze a few times. Blue. She is 3. She…

I have heard her...

I have heard her sneeze a few times.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Blue. She is 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blue?

She just recovered from a bout of diarrhea

3/18/2018
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 10 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you noticing any discharge from the nose or the eyes? Is she acting normal?

Acting normal. No discharge from her eyes

Okay thanks for the additional information. Is this the first time she has done this? If you are not noticing any discharge from the nose or eyes then she may have been in contact with something that could have irritaed her nasal passages. Is she around any other cats?

No other cats. She has occasionally sneezed maybe once on occasion. Today is the first time she has done so more than once.

Okay since today is the first day that she has sneezed multiple times , I would watch her closely for any evidence of discharge. it is possible that she may have developed an allergy to something in the environment. If that is the case you will notice that the sneezing comes and goes randomly. If there is discharge from the nose or the sneezing persists or worsens then that would indicate that she may have an upper respiratory infection. If that is the case then she may need antibiotics to treat it.

Okay thanks for your help I appreciate it.

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

Here are the additional questions that I have.

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne

Good service. His advice was helpful.

Thank you

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian