Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He's not able to go pee or anything - he keeps trying I know…

Customer Question
He's not able to...

He's not able to go pee or anything - he keeps trying I know he has the urge but can't go

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

A male cat - 8 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

He Doesent seem to be able to go pee or anything - he has the urge but can't go

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

He's just walks around trying to go every where - I know he doesn't feel well

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Did the cat have a fall?

No - he has done this before - but came out of it after while but Doesent seem to today

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Lovie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lovie?

I know he's hurting when he try's to go and can't - he lets out a sound that's lets me know he's he's hurting

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Lovie. He represents a medical emergency because he's likely to be a "blocked" cat. This describes urethral blockage by mucus and grit produced by a badly irritated bladder seen in a condition called idiopathic (unknown cause) cystitis (or FUS, FLUTS). Cats who are blocked can die if they can't urinate for as little at 36 hours. Lovie's urethra needs to be catheterized at your earliest convenience. Time is of the essence in these cats. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish but I'd rather you were on the way to a vet.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian