Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have rescued 3 cats from the shelter. They all have the…

Customer Question
We have rescued 3...

We have rescued 3 young cats from the shelter. They all have the same problem. Yellow soft stool, Most foul smelling, and gassy. The vet for 3 cats is too expensive, we are retired. any suggestions? They otherwise act normal.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

August, Male, 11 months. Raven Female, 10 months. and Brandy, female 11 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about August?

Only that he is kind of a bully to the girls. all are nutered.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that the cats are having diarrhea. Since they all have it, the most likely cause is intestinal parasites, such as hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, coccidia, and campylobacter to name just a few. You could try giving them an over-the-counter deworming medication for cats from the pet store. If that does not resolve the diarrhea, I recommend taking one of them in to the vet and getting their stool sample checked and some anti-diarrhea medication based on the results of the stool check. I would explain to your vet that you are on a limited income and would like to try the same treatment in all 3 cats. They may not give medications to cats they haven't seen, but it is worth a shot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your advice, I will follow your instructions.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your web site led me to believe that the fee of $5 would bring an answer to my question. However I paid via PayPal and the receipt shows a charge of $22. What happend to make the change? I would like for this to be settled or I can ask PayPal to help to rectify. Please advise amd thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion. I will let Customer Service know about it. In the mean time, I would greatly appreciate you rating my response with 5 stars if my advice was useful. I would also be happy to continue our conversation if you have any other questions or concerns.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian