Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I took my cat to a vet today and they did bloodwork on her.

Customer Question
I took my cat...

I took my cat to a vet today and they did bloodwork on her. they had to put her under for a little time with a gas and now she has one pupil dialated and one not! Could that be some kind of reaction or delayed reaction to the gas? Dan L.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your cat's name and age?

Pepper and about 9 years. Dan

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepper?

She got her shots today too for feline leukemia, rabies, and revolution flea/tick,heartworm etc. vaccination and anti worming. dan

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about your cat. This could be from the anesthesia, and if it is should go back to normal soon. However, if it were from the gas, usually both eyes are dilated.

Does the eye look more red than the other? Any discharge?

I would report this to your veterinarian when you can. If I had been the veterinarian who saw your cat, I would want to know about this.

How is Pepper doing? Please let me know if you have other questions.

How is Pepper doing? I did not hear back from you. Please let me know how he is doing and if this is helpful and if you have other questions.

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian