Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I want to send you a photo of a cat and see if you can tell…

Good morning Veterinarian's Assistant:...

Good morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I want to send you a photo of a cat and see if you can tell me what’s wrong with her

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

She’s got on top of her eyes big ,bleading spots

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

Don’t know ! She just came to my garage and doesn’t want to leave

3/16/2018
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'mCustomerand I can help with your question (unless it's one of your weird Australian things, lol - I'm in SoCal).

Anyway, if you can attach the photos here to this chat window I'd be happy to have a look.

Thank you! I’ll try and do that
For some reason doesn’t work ! I’ll try again
Can I have an email or phone to try in a text
E1B01A75-21BD-4E90-92C5...jpegE1B01A...jpeg78DDBCDE-EF09-4EEF-9D57...jpeg78DDBC...jpeg65098BE4-0573-471A-8989...jpeg65098B...jpeg0F9F1DD9-AFE0-4007-AE62...jpeg0F9F1D...jpeg731C3DAC-ABC8-4DC6-932B...jpeg731C3D...jpegIMG_0586.JPGIMG_0586.JPG9F083892-D30A-46B1-ADF6...jpeg9F0838...jpegD8CE3B55-441B-4FBB-9A2B...jpegD8CE3B...jpegA5A093A2-0CBC-4EA7-BEA2...jpegA5A093...jpeg

Wait, what? I know I replied.

It disappeared.

Oh nevermind that comment. Got two windows/chats going and my brain didn't make the switch.

I see you’ve got the photo to many time! Do you have an answer for me! I don’t want to talk

No need for a phone call, just ignore that.

Are they all the same photo? I'm not through checking each one, lol.

Sorry! I didn’t realise that it worked to send so I’ve kept on trying :))). Really sorry

This kitty looks like he has what I call "Tuna Head". I see this severe facial dermatitis almost exclusively in cats eating fish (especially tuna) and who are highly allergic to it.

That said, I can't really diagnose over the internet. He could have an external parasite or two, or he could have both food allergy and parasites. But I do see tuna head on a regular basis and have always been able to clear it up by removing all fish from the diet immediately.

He should be on a good quality commercial cat food that uses poultry as its animal protein source.

He is severe enough that he might have a secondary bacterial skin infection from all the scratching, so a trip to the vet to clip/clean and then get on some antibiotics is probably in order.

CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian
Grear! Thank you

Yvw,happy to help.

Please let me know how he does. I love getting reports back after the vet visit to see if I was right.

Sure! Thank you

TTYL

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian