Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My Exotic Shorthair Cat, Ollie, doesn't feel well. He sleeps…

Customer Question
My Exotic Shorthair Cat...

My Exotic Shorthair Cat, Ollie, doesn't feel well. He sleeps all day and night and doesn't want to play with his brother like normal. He eats but half of what he usually eats. I make sure he is drinking water and have been using a syringe to shoot some in his mouth a couple of times a day. This has been going on for two or three days. He hasn't had a bowel movement and has been constipated in the past. I took him to the doctor before and they have me giving him 1/8 teaspoon of Miralax in his food daily. I have felt his stomach and he doesn't have any hardness and doesn't meow as if it hurts. A couple of times, he went to jump into his favorite leather chair and didn't make it the first time. He is just barely one year old and very pampered. My vet doesn't have any appointments open today. I am watching him and just need to know if cats get ill like people and to just wait it out. Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Oliver "Ollie"

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oliver?

He is a gorgeous, show quality cat and is a very large cat. He weighs about 14 lbs. and is about one to 1-1/2 lbs. overweight. He has a brother exotic that is much smaller (from same breeder) and his little brother (8 lbs.) is one month younger and eats twice as much.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/16/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Ollie is not feeling well. Can you please tell me how old he is?

He will be 1 year old April 2, 2018.
Please stop. Refund my fee if I was charged. I got in to see my vet and am leaving now. Thank you. This service is a gimmick I understand anyway.