Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a Male cat that is 8 years old.He has always been…

Customer Question
I have a Male...

I have a Male cat that is 8 years old.He has always been very active but lately he is losing weight and has runny stools with some blood in it. He is eating but not a whole lot. He seems to be lieing around alot more than usual

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Tiger?

8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiger?

He has pooped in the floor several times which he has never done. His litter box is always clean

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/16/2018
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How is his water intake of late?

Peeing more in the cat box?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He drinks a good bit and he seems to pee in cat box
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He sits in front of his water bowl a good bit and I havent caught him peeing anywhere except liter box

Okay

This is one case where I have to recommend you have him examined

They will want to check his blood and urine

I am worried about diabetes, hyperthyroidism, kidney and liver disease and inflammatory bowel disease

They should be able to get this sorted out for you pretty quick

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cancel my account. Rip off. Do not charge me for telling me to take to vet Wow CANCEL!!!!!!! NOW
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian