Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I think my cat is having kidney issues. if so is there any…

I think my cat...

I think my cat is having kidney issues. if so is there any treatment? she is an older cat and i am concerned

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your cat?

This has been going on for several weeks. She has lost weight ( and she isn't big to begin with) low appetite, does not use box, has small hard balls when she poops, low urine for weeks and i don't if she still urines

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

She had an issue a few months ago with severe constipation. she eventually was able to pass the hard stool. We were told to give her food for sensitive stomachs but i can't find a brand for her

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Have you had her blood and urine tested?

Thyroid test?

Paul

She had a thyroid test and blood and urine test several months ago when she had the severe constipation but not since then
At that time thyroid was ok. but her condition is worst now
Are you able to provide further insight?
is there any treatment?

Understood

Things can change in a few months for sure so it is possible that other things might show up in those tests now

I would have them rechecked and YES for sure there is treatment for almost all of the conditions I listed :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian