Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has a large lump on his forehead between his eyes.

My cat has a...

My cat has a large lump on his forehead between his eyes. His left upper eyelid is being pushed down by the lump. I have felt it and it's squishy. He doesn't like it when I press on it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is your cat's name and age?

Tucker

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Tucker?

He's 8.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tucker?

He's been healthy except for this. He's a big boy, over 20 lbs.

3/16/2018
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! I am reviewing your question and will be back soon with a reply.

Aw, poor Tucker! The two big things I think of with what you're describing is an abscess (pus filled pocket) or a tumor. I'd recommend a vet visit. An abscess is the best case scenario, if that's the case they will likely lance it and then put him on antibiotics. If they feel it's a tumor they may still put him on antibiotics for secondary infection but talk to you about biopsy or rhinoscopy (using a scope to look up his nose).

Crossing my fingers that it's only an abscess! Glad to hear that he's otherwise feeling ok. Let me know if I can help in any other way! Kindly consider rating my answer; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.

Is it possible to send a couple of pictures of him? Could it also be a lipoma?

Sure, send some pictures. Anything is possible, but that is an odd location for a lipoma.

And a lipoma shouldn't be painful.

How is Tucker doing?

Thanks for the pictures! After looking at them my initial two thoughts still stand. I'd recommend a vet visit for antibiotics plus or minus discussion about biopsy.

DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian
Ok. Thank you for your help!