Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a black cat that was born June 11th 2011 we took our…

Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a black cat that was born June 11th 2011 we took our cat to the doctor on Dec 2017 for check-up today he has a single irregulary shaped mass on his back left leg that's big what would it cost to remove this tumor the leg has to be removed was told but did not spread anywhere else or to lymph nodes and whats the life expectancy of a cat once its removed?
3/16/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Tom, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, I can't know what you'll be charged and life expectancy can't be determined until the tumor is biopsied and I know if it's benign or malignant and if malignant how likely it is to metastasize. Always ask for a written estimate prior to anything being done.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this tumor to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it. I should be able to comment on whether or not it's even reasonable to consider surgery.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi I took my cat in and they are going to amputate they said it hasnt spread so they will do surgery. Thank you for you opinion and insight

Thank you for the update and your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Hi Tom,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?