Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has à looks likea bite in his neck. It's growing alot…

Customer Question
Hi there. my cat...

Hi there. my cat has à looks likea bite in his neck

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is your cat's name and age?

It's growing alot since this morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

Diamond

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/16/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. What is your cat’s name? How old is he? Can you post a picture of this area here?
hello my cat has a growing baldspot on side of neck. his name is ***** ***** is almost one year old. I found the chunk of fur and skin. it seems to almost have been chewed of. but probably wasint. and seems to have a hard lump under his neck in front. how can I help
Ok. A cat that age with that description of an area is suspect for a bite from another car that has become infected. They can get cat bite abscesses. If this is what it is, then your vet should see him to clip and clean the area and to if needed drain an abscess. Antibiotics orally are the best for these too. There isn’t a lot an o we can do at home but try to let them rest and get good nutrition. Your vet should be involved with a bite.