Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a stray in my backyard with a hole in his neck. It's…

Customer Question
I have a stray...

I have a stray in my backyard with a hole in his neck. It's about quarter sized and is an open wound. I am not sure if it was an abcess or he got into a fight. He has an appetite but sleeps a lot. h

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the stray stray. What is the stray stray's name and age?

I haven't named him yet. He started staying in my yard this week, can't be sure about the age

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the stray stray?

I need to know how to treat the open wound. currently using granulex

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/15/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of this wound?

Ok, I am sending a pic.
E0247A92-8CF9-41C0-BD13...jpegE0247A...jpegA353F287-0CA1-4A1A-BAD7...jpegA353F2...jpeg9E135AC4-31E5-4BBB-A3D2...jpeg9E135A...jpegFA0D5CA2-8991-43F3-9017...jpegFA0D5C...jpeg
He seems a little less lethargic and has a healthy appetite.

Unfortunately I cannot see what is going on here due to the fluid and shadow in the picture. Is the wound open entirely showing the tissue beneath it?

How long has this wound been present?

Is he currently being kept indoors at all?