Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 23 year old cat has me concerned. He's sto[ped using a…

Customer Question
My 23 year old...

My 23 year old cat has me concerned

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

He's sto[ped using a litter box and has a watery eye

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

Can't tell

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

I thought their was a foothills, co vet care clinic

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the cat eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the cat having trouble peeing or pooing?

Poopinh, cant figure out whewre he is peeing

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the cat behaving differently?

Other than his age, we's still got voracious appetite he starts begging for dinner at noon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/14/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Thompson, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Thompson
Dr. Thompson, Veterinarian

Hi, thanks for your question. From what I understand, your 23 year old cat is not urinating in the litterbox (but is pooping there) and has a watery eye. Glad to hear his appetite is good.

Has he had any other unusual symptoms in the last week or so? Is he taking any medications?

no meds, not using cat box at all,

So, he is pooping outside the box?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?