Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is a 9 year old Tabby 12.5lbs 22in 18 in tall. Until a…

He is a 9...

He is a 9 year old Tabby 12.5lbs 22in long 18 in tall. Until a week ago he was happy, playful, social. We live on a sailboat for 6 months in Mexico up and down the coast and have done for the past 4years. Last Thursday we made a crossing over to La Paz from Mazatlan. Ever since then he won't play he barely eats or drinks all he does it sleep on the settee. I don't know what to do. He seems very lethargic and won't talk.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the tabby. What is the tabby's name?

Tommy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tommy?

I can't think of anything right now

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
He has always eaten Fancy feast we try to change up the flavors. We did have to buy additional cans down in Mexico, the only thing new is a dry food Science Diet active longevity. He is grazer so bowl is always full and he has treats as often as he want. He’s had actual tuna, some chicken but not much. His behavior changed the day we left the dock in Mazatlan, and we have done that a lot in past seasons, with much rougher crossings. We have even been on anchor for 3 weeks and he has never acted like this. No medication. No bad behavior at all. He always seems to adapt very well. Except this time
DrRoyC
Phone call session started
I want to know why you are still charging me