Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is a very active, talkative and tactile cat but this

He is a very...

He is a very active, talkative and tactile cat but this afternoon. he jumped into my lap which (which he never does) and did not eat his lunch. When I went to see him mid-afternoon, he started to growl and seemed distressed. I think he may have just himself while on one of his daily jaunts. He is not vomiting and does not have diarrhoea but is absolutely not himself. The vet seems to think we can wait until morning for him to be seen but my husband is worried that he may have been kicked. What would you recommend? There is an emergency vet that we can see.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

Nope.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

No. He is just not himself so something is clearly bothering/hurting him.

3/14/2018
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

I am typing a reply right now. Bear with me for a few minutes.

I think since we are dealing with a cat, you can never be too careful. A cat that is refusing food always gets my attention, but with this change in behavior, I am even more worried. Add to it, he is allowed to roam unsupervised so it is uncertain what harm he may have come into. In my book, that definitely warrants an exam, and I would recommend sooner versus later.

In my opinion, I would advise and emergency veterinary visit.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen.

petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Thank you kindly for the positive rating. It is truly appreciated. Good luck with him.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

petdrz