Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Several s/s of UTI, been giving amoxicillin 150mg bid, cat…

Customer Question
Several s/s of UTI...

Several s/s of UTI, been giving amoxicillin 150mg bid, cat acting much better but still not putting out much urine. Trips to box are less, appetite improved, not hiding and basically acting much better. I'm on fixed income, absolutely cannot afford to even walk into a vet. MADDIE is 8 yrs. old. Help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did MADDIE have a fall?

No, she is also scooting her butt on floor after bm

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about MADDIE?

Urine at onset (spilled over edge) appeared a light pink or salmon color

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Maddie. I'm so sorry you are having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in ,what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

To start with, I want to let you know there are some things you can try on your own at home without going to the vet.

First and foremost, it's important for you to learn about FELINE IDIOPATHIC STERILE CYSTITIS. It's the most common reason for cats to show symptoms of a UTI, and there is no bacterial infection whatsoever. That means antibiotics are useless.

It also tends to come and go without treatment.

*typing more

You can learn more about this syndrome here:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=612

Next, I'll discuss the steps you can take at home to help minimize and prevent symptoms of urinary tract issues.

Those are the key steps.

I see you are currently offline. I am happy to discuss this more after you return online.

I will check for a response from you later today.

Thank you for using our website.

Just checking in to ask how your cat is doing today? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thank you,

Dr. Jo