Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat gets this evil look in her eyes and then she bites…

My cat gets this...

My cat gets this evil look in her eyes and then she bites me. This has happened three times in the last two weeks.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?

Lola and she is 10 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

She has a claw that has grown back into her paw and I will be taking her to the vet to have it clipped. She won't let me touch it. She is house cat for the most part. She goes out in the backyard once in a while.

3/14/2018
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Lola has been biting you lately. This sounds like it is a new behavior and she does not have a history of biting before this. Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Correct.

Thank you for that information. This change of behavior is likely occurring because of the pain she is feeling in her foot. Cats with sudden pain injuries will often have aggression issues. The best thing will be to have the nail removed from the skin and the infection treated with antibiotics. If the behavior continues then you will want to consider other behavioral causes such as anxiety or stressors in the house. A recent change in the house, new cat or people smells, new noises, etc. can all contribute to these behavioral changes.

Does that help to answer your question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. Your answer helps a lot.

You are most welcome. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to help. You have no the questions, I would appreciate a positive review when you get time. Leaving a review does not close out your question and you can come back to any time to ask additional questions. You can leave a five star review at the top of the screen. Thank you.

Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian