Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is very lethargic and now does not want to eat. I…

Customer Question
My cat is very...

My cat is very lethargic and now does not want to eat. I know he has gotten a drink a couple times but he does not even want his treats. Do cats have allergies?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is about 8 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Red?

He is about 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Red?

He is an indoor/outdoor cat. He came in yesterday evening and has not been out since. He started just laying around and is listless. His nose is wet like it should be.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/14/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? How long has it been since Red consumed food? Any vomiting or diarrhea? Is he neutered? When was he last tested for feline aids and feline leukemia? What were the results? When were vaccines last performed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since I never got an answer I sure hope I will not have any charges on my card. Red is still laying around and I thank you for responding. He is neutered and was checked for all ailments about 2 years ago.
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian