Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is lethargic and his eye are not focused and clear. and…

She is lethargic and...

She is lethargic and his eye are not focused and clear

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Kevin and he is 2 momths

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kevin?

He is eating and defecating normal

3/13/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is Kevin male or female?

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Are you seeing any vomiting?

Any loose stools?

Any sneezing, eye discharge or nasal discharge?

No discharge or vomiting; he is a male, he is only very lethargic and I his eyes are showing a partial white. No lose stools, he is normally very active and playful

It looks like your companion is feeling pretty puny today. We typically see the third eyelids being extended upwards when a cat is ill.

Has Kevin been testing for feline leukemia or feline aids yet?

Is he experiencing any coughing or abdominal swelling?

When did he last eat?

No sneezing or any discharge, he has not been tested for anything, I don t see any swelling he eat this morning

Since he's still eating and drinking well, there's really nothing for you to treat at home right now. I do, however, think having an examination and diagnostics would be wise. Although Kevin is young, this is typically the age we commonly see ailments take hold and since he has not been tested for feline leukemia or feline aids, we have to expect there is potential that either could be making him feel under the weather. There are also a myriad of other conditions which might be to blame such as upper respiratory disorders, panleukopenia, feline infectious peritonitis, etc. Bloodwork may be the most useful diagnostic in determining what is causing him to feel unwell.

If you choose to wait and watch from home, keep close tabs on his eating and drinking as these are the most likely to change since he's feeling poorly. You can add KMR to his diet to keep his hydration and caloric intake up. You can also use pureed baby food in chicken, turkey and similar flavors. Avoid those that contain onion or garlic in the ingredient panel.

If you need help finding a vet, even just to have on hand for the future, let me know. I'll need your city and state.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is your companion doing today?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
He is better thank you