Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a senior cat 10= years. Since around Christmas she…

Customer Question
I have a senior...

I have a senior cat 10= years. Since around Christmas she has gotten so skinny. She is a longhair domestic. She would eat some and now she just snifs the food and walks away. She does not like me brushing her and she is all matted now. She is drinking. I have spent a fortune on different food, and no interest or not much. I love my old girl, but short on funds. Can you give me some ideas? She used to run around the house like her tail was on fire, but not so much anymore

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

Not that I know of. she still jumps up on the bed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 10 or 11 I believe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about STella?

She still begs at her dish, but does not eat even food she has eaten before

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/13/2018
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

She is a little older and so I worry about things here and the fact that this has been going on for a while.

You have tried a lot of different foods but I think it is time that we have her blood and urine tested

She may have kidney or liver disease and/or an infection and we need to find out

They can also check her teeth and inside her mouth

Can you take her in?

Paul