Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She was spayed a week ago. She is swollen on her belly area…

Customer Question
She was spayed a...

She was spayed a week ago. She is swollen on her belly area below the incision. She seems really warm.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

A cat about 10 months old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the cat's name?

Bootsie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bootsie?

She had her shots when she was spayed. She has been a little active and ran out of the house 4 days after she was spayed. Just worried she may have over done it. She has been inside the house since then.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Below the incision it’s red and swollen. She has been sleeping more then usual the last two days.
3/13/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?