Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My at just started to lay showing signs of breathing

Customer Question
My at just started...

My at just started to lay showing signs of breathing difficulties, not moving around. I have tried holding her but she just makes a soft noise.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

She's a large cat. Usually very loving and wanting to lay on me. now she just lays on the floor and is barely breathing.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

I call her baby and I think she may be about 8 or nine years old. She was left behind when my neighbor moved and I took her in.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Baby?

I just typed that answer- 8 or nine years old. I only have $75.00 until I get my next social security check and I really have no money to pay for tests . do any of your vets have free services.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?

Not that I know of, she's never been sick before, always very close to me.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Baby, and I am very worried about your description of her breathing. How long has she been like this?

I can't make calls for the website, but I can answer questions here, or you can wait for an expert who can make calls.

If you lift her lip to check her gums, do they look pink or are they pale?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just noticed these changes yesterday. Tongue is pink with a white area in the middle. already made A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have made a credit card payment before you were assigned to me

Yes, you make a deposit on your card before you can chat with an expert. If you do not want to pay, please contact customer service on the drop down menu.

Are her gums white or pink?

The website may have sent you an offer for a phone call, which is an additional charge; that offer does not come from me and I don't see it. Would you prefer to wait until an expert who can make calls is available?

I am worried about her; when cats show breathing difficulty it can be a sign of something serious. Is she mouth breathing or nose breathing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As I said previously, I paid 28.00 o my credit card . I have this number18615909-660

I do not have access to any payment information. I just answer questions for the website.

If you have questions or complaints about charges, please contact customer service on the drop down menu.

When you type here, only I see it. I am here for questions about your cat.

Is she nose or mouth breathing?

Would you prefer a phone call? If so, I will opt out so another expert who can make calls can help you.

Or I can refer you to customer service, but that will close this conversation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry misunderstood send me where to give you my credit card information for your payment
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian