Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I love my little Persian … I feed him the Royal Canin 30 for…

Customer Question
I love my little...

I love my little Persian … I feed him the Royal Canin 30 for Persians but he’s always ate paper and now eats plastic bags?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Persian will be able to digest that. What is the Persian's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he’s 7 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is BamBam?

He’s 7 seven

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about BamBam?

No … he’s perfect but … he is constantly washing and grooming … purrs all the time and if the dirty human (me) pets him, he’ll wash himself again! The bugger

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/12/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. Have you seen BamBam licking plastic bags or actually eating them?

I have seen him do this … one day he threw up the plastic …
Now I make sure I put them away.

One of the ingredients of the plastic process is fish oil and some cats are drawn to them because of that. I'm glad you keep them away now. Is BamBam vomiting?

Just once … probably due to the plastic…
I only feed him the dry food but he has water dishes all over the house.

Are you concerned that he is over-grooming?

No … he’s beautiful … his fur is nice … I’m the same = don’t like when people mess up my hair …Worried that he might not be getting the nutrients he needs?

It sounds like you feed him a good quality diet. The only suggestion I have is to feed him a canned version of the same food, if possible. Canned food is much better for cats because of the moisture content. The moisture in canned foods is better for long-term urinary tract health as well as weight control.

I have a Persian and a Himalayean … two different types of food … her’s is some bird stuff … equally expensive … both dishes there with the two foods … he eats his … she eats hers …I’ve bought canned before, she doesn’t eat it and he licks the gravy … but I’ll do it for them.
He loves ice cream ... both love Temptations