Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Our cat has flickering eye movement side to side, vertigo…

Our cat has flickering...

Our cat has flickering eye movement side to side, vertigo and abnormal gait. This is 3rd episode sine January 2018. Rushed him to our animal hospital Friday night. They started IV for dehydration and medicine for vertigo. Blood tests are normal,

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

No trauma, our cat has stayed at animal hospital last and tonight. His gait is still abnormal. Our vet is recommending an mri

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Jack , his sister is Jill

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jack?

We have noticed that Jack will vomit and then start very strange meowing. We are just wondering what we are dealing with and what are our next options.

3/12/2018
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

How old is Jack?

Has he been prone to sneezing or squinty eyes in the past?

I'm glad your vet has recommended an MRI. This is the only way to look into the cat's middle ears to see if he has a nasopharyngeal polyp.

I hope that's what he has. It's quite treatable with surgery and with proper technique is curable.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** 9, he has never had any sneezing or squinting, we also hope it is just an issue with middle ear, researched quite a bit on the web and some very disconcerting other possibilties

I sure hope it is a polyp, too. The fact that he has had three episodes quite close together is concerning.

But odds are it's a polyp.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need clarification.

I'd love to hear what the MRI shows. If you bookmark this chat window you can return easily for additional comments for up to 5 days at least.

When you are all through please do rate my response so I can be credited with helping you.

CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian