Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

The easy way to trim hair around his hinder??

the easy way to trim hair around his hinder??
3/11/2018
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello again.

Now if he is quite tangled or uncomfortable with his back end when handled, it would likely be easiest to have the the local vet practice's nurses or local groomer shave this for you. That way we can quickly and safely remove the hair/tangles and it will be easier to manage. Otherwise, the only real way to do so at home would be to gently clip the hair with blunt ended scissors. And if you do that, since kitties can wiggle and have thin skin (which can mean accidental cuts can end up quite serious), you'd be best to have some one hold him while you do this. Else if he has matted hair, you can try gently brushing these out. And to loosen any matts present, you can gently rub some baby powder (talc free) into the matt. This will help lubricate the fur and makes it easier to untangle. This must be done on dry fur, as wet fur will just make a caked mess. So it is a case of working it in and then brushing it out with the matt.

Kind regards,

Dr. B

**************************

If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help. Afterward, as I am dedicating my evenings & weekends to helping you, I would be grateful if you could please take the time rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great). Otherwise the site does not credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this (its included in your question fee). Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you for helping me to keep helping everyone here. : )**

u are very helpfull thanks, again.Bev.

You are very welcome, Bev. :)

All the best,

Dr. B.

Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian