Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has not pooped for six days he is on Casapride and…

Customer Question
My cat has not pooped...
My cat has not pooped for six days he is on Casapride and now Miralax Aside from that he seems to be acting Pretty much normal Except for the fact that he spends a lot of time in a little box trying to go
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/11/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good morning, Albert. If Sundance is unable to defecate on his own, has a history of constipation and has not gone in 6 days, he needs to have an examination ASAP to evaluate what needs to happen from here. Typically a warm water enema is given and manual evacuation is sometimes needed. At this point, I do think it would be wise to have an emergency visit if your regular vet is not open as the longer Sundance goes without defecation the higher the risk he may need hospitalization and more advanced/in-depth care. If you need help locating a clinic that can help you, I need your city and state.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Sundance doing today?