Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Just noticed an walnut sized lump under the skin by my cat's…

Customer Question
Hi, just noticed an...

Hi, just noticed an walnut sized lump under the skin by my cat's left upper arm....It's moveable

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?

HIs name is ***** ***** he's 11. Weighs 12-13 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oscar?

No previous health problems

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/11/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is it firm, fluidy, warm or sore to the touch?

Is it in the armpit or over the shoulder?

Does Oscar go outside?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.