Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is six months. Have had for a month. Very affectionate,

Customer Question
He is six months...

He is six months. Have had for a month. Very affectionate, would throw himself in my lap, very loving

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

Two weeks of oral meds, eye drops, new home, being handled not so comfortably by me, he freaks out when I approach him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

And touching him he hates. It was upper respiratory. Sorry I keep sending

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Dilated pupils. He gets very stimulated now, and I’m sure it’s been from the rough couple of weeks. My question: Has he maybe lost trust in me? Any actions I can (or shouldn’t) take to make us buddies again ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the cat eating normally?

Yes.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the cat having trouble peeing or pooing?

He’s well now. He was having dehydration from his sickness, but feeling better. All of the above is great. He Just doesn’t seem to trust me. That’s my concern. I’m rather new to cats

Veterinarian's Assistant: Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

When he’s in fight or flight mode, ie playing, like cats often do, he will turn, run, and hit face on into something. Has happened three times in month, but object is usually in close range

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/10/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about your little guy. What is his name? Is he through his medications? How long has he been done with them?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian